Monday, June 3, 2013

Kalydeco: Day 1 & my pre-K stats

Yesterday I took my first dose of Kalydeco! The bottle has been teasing me for over a month now, sitting on my dresser, and it was a relief to be finally be able to start. My overall description of day 1: Anti-climactic! haha

NO change in symptoms
NO side effects
NOTHING

I don't exactly know what I was expecting, but I did expect something. After waiting for 32 years I'm getting impatient and don't want to have to wait for the medication to start working. Am I being a pessimist because I keep thinking maybe this won't work for me? Maybe I'm putting too much pressure on this little blue pill of "magic". I asked around in the CF community and based on my CF it sounds like I need to give it 2 weeks - 1 month to really judge it. Ok, Kalydeco, I'll be patient but PLEASE PLEASE work for me.

Since I don't have much to report I'll give you a brief rundown of my CF background.
-Mutations: DF508 & 3272-26a>g (class V)
-FEV1: 72% My baseline has remained at 72% for 5 years now although I have seen a low of 49% and a high of 109%. My last FEV1 before starting K was 72%
-I am pancreatic sufficient
-I have never had a problem bringing up mucus and am always told my lungs sound "clear"
-I usually cough first thing in the morning but by the time I finish my morning treatment I don't cough much during the day at all
-I culture staphylococcus aureus and pseudomonas aeruginosa
-Usually have IV's once a year but was able to go two years since being pregnant with my daughter and starting Cayston -Meds: Pulmo, HS, TOBI, Cayston, Advair

3 comments:

  1. Really very happy to say, your post is very interesting to read. I never stop myself to say something about it. You’re doing a great job. Keep it up. The time has com for which you eagerly waited for to download Auto Clicker

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my first time i visit here. I found so many entertaining stuff in your blog, especially its discussion.
    From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the leisure here! Keep up the good work.
    I have been meaning to write something like this on my website and you have given me an idea. also, you can check Earn free Robux

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's like you read my mind! You appear to know a lot about this like you wrote the book in it or something. I think that you can do with a few pics to drive the message home a bit, but other than that, this is an excellent blog. A great read.
    I will definitely be back. but you try fro following things also,
    Gift Card Generator

    ReplyDelete