Sunday, August 22, 2010

That didn't go as planned

Miles - 11!!
Time 2hrs 20min

I left for my run this morning in a light drizzle. It actually felt really good to run in the rain, it was very refreshing. Nice and cool out, no blazing sun, however that also means fewer people on the track. Why is that a bad thing? you ask. Well I guess my NYC mentality comes into play in these instances. When the only people left on the track are myself and two shady looking men (and my shady I mean who runs in docker shorts and converse sneakers?) my instinct is to high tail it out of there. So at 7 miles that's what I did. Up until that point I had a really good flow going. Run 2.5, walk 1/2, run 2.5, walk 1/2.

So I drove 15 minutes to the gym. As soon as I took one step out of the car my legs were crying. This was a mistake. Never stop a run 1/2 was through. But I got on the treadmill walked 1/2, ran 1/2, walked 1/2, ran 1, walked 1/2 and so on just to get to that 11 mile mark. OUCH!! My legs were screaming at me all day. At least it's not my knee. Muscle pain usually is better by the next day, that knee pain lasted for about 3.

I won't have anyone to watch the boys tomorrow so I won't be making it to my Monday swim. So I think on Tuesday I'm going to run 3-4 miles and then hop in the pool for a 1/2hr swim. I really want to see stability if not improvement in my PFT's on Wednesday. But with this ever persist ant cough I don't know if that will be the case.

No comments:

Post a Comment