Sunday, August 1, 2010

NINE!

Saurdays Run
Miles - 9 (track)
Time - 2hrs

NINE miles! Wow! A year ago I never would have even imagined myself running 9 miles. I feel soooo good. I got a little later start then I would have liked, around 7:30 but luckily the temperature was around 65* when I started and there was a slight breeze. I found a good pattern that worked for me... run 2 miles, walk 1/2, run 2 miles, walk 1/2 and so on. This way my breathing didn't get too rapid and I didn't cramp up. Around mile 7-8 I started to feel tightness in my hamstring and calf, but was able to stretch it out. I don't want to over do it, I don't want any injuries or to wind up out of breath so I think I'm going to stick with this pattern for my 1/2 in two weeks. I coughed up a little junk on that run, I guess thats to be expected but I'm not too happy about it. I started TOBI so I'll see what I sound like in a week.

Sorry to cut this short but we're off to our annual twin picnic.

No comments:

Post a Comment