Monday, August 30, 2010

Acapella?

I already posted my big CF update on Wednesday, but there are a few other things going on. Despite my significant rise in PFT's I still have a slight cough maybe bringing up a bit mucus 3-5 times a day. I was put on a new medication for me - Cefdinir and hopefully that will help. Dr. B also put me on Singulair at night to help with my asthma. I feel it when I'm running, I can't forget to bring my albuterol with me or I get really tight in the chest quickly. But I never feel the asthma during normal activity, which is probably why although I knew I had it I never really prioritized it. I've been on Advair for a couple of years now but was never very compliant with it. I'm really trying to be now. I keep it in the bathroom next to my toothbrush so I don't forget to take it.

The RT asked me if I wanted to try an Acapella. I said I was happy with my Vest because I know it's working for me right now so we didn't talk about it any further. I don't want to add another thing to clean to my daily regimen. But today as I was making my list of things to pack for vacation and trying to figure out how this will all fit in the car I re thunk getting an Acapella even if it is just for travel. I left a message with Dr. B about it and I have to call back on Wednesday for my culture results. I'll see what she says about getting one. This culture will also determine if I'm starting Caystom or not. I have a gut feeling I will be.

I'm going to browse around the blogs for a while now before bed. G-Night everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment