Tuesday, July 20, 2010

1/2 way point

Week 15

Miles - 3 (treadmill)
Time - 36m 30s
Avg Pace - 12.1 min/mile

Day one of week 15. The half way point of my 30 week training plan. I was a little slower today than usual. For whatever reason I just wasn't feeling it today. I started out at a pace of 5.4 but had to slow down after a mile and then had to walk for a bit. Maybe I have to continue to start at 5.2 and increase my pace if I'm feeling it.

I looked over the trainig schedule from here to the marathon and it really picks up pace. The first 15 weeks built up to running 7 miles very slowlely, but from here on my weekend runs espcially really take off.

Got an e-mail today from one of the women in the HVHC group. She wants to start running and is looking for people to run with. About 5 people responded to her including myself. I have the most demanding schedule out of everyone, but I may try to meet with her on Wednesday nights and Saturday mornings. The only problem is she wants to run at 8:30 on Wednesday nights. Right now it's still so humid then, I don't know if it would be the best thing for me. But I'm willing to give it a shot. I would love to run with other people.

Not much else is new here. My BIL & SIL are up for the week. Tomorrow if the weather cooporates we're going to try to visit the lake for a bit after my run.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for alerting me to this blog!! I can't wait to see your progress and I'll be cheering you on like crazy. GREAT work on those PFT numbers to the right!

    ReplyDelete