Saturday, July 24, 2010

Power in numbers

Miles - 2 (track)
Not timed

What an exhilarating way to start a Saturday morning. A 7am run with a great group of women, most who have given birth within the last two years. Two of the women have actually run the NYC Marathon in the past and were telling me about it. The more I hear about the race the more pumped I'm getting about it. I'm probably the newest to running in the group, all the others have competed in marathons or 1/2 marathons and run cross country before. So I have a good group of resources to go to for information. We did a nice paced 2 mile run around the track. Even at 7am though the sun was blazing and it was so humid. I can't wait until the fall. Next week we are going to run the North County trailway, it's shaded and has mile markers so I'll be able to track my time and hopefully not burn in the sun.

Tomorrow is 'Race for the Cure'. I don't want to make the same mistake I did with my first 5K. The excitement of the crowd, my adrenalin was racing and I definately crossed the starting line and a much faster pace then I'm used to which made me burn out at the 1/2 was point and I had to walk for a bit. The downfall to tomorrows race is going to be and heat and humidity. But I have a good friend racing with me, but her pace is much faster than mine so I'm going have to talk her into taking it back a few.

That being said, I'm going to enjot some ice cream and get some rest for tomorrow. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment