Thursday, July 22, 2010

Hurricane bath time

Miles - 3 (treadmill)
Time - 35.02
Avg Pace - 11.6 min/mile

Good run today, I was feeling extra inspired. I shared my blog on facebook and met a few great and inspiring people. I even spoke with a CFer who finished his first marathon last month. It's so great to hear other people have overcome some of the same obstacles I face and crossed that finish line! I came across some other CF blogs that I started to read and love them all. I'm loving this new connection to the CF community that this has opened me to.

Tonight was bath night. Giving my children a bath is one of the more stressful times of my day. Let me explain... my kids LOVE the water. I might as well wear a bathing suit into the bathroom because I leave wetter than they get. My bathroom looks like a hurricane passed through when they leave. They stand up, sit down, stand up, sit down, kick as hard as they can to splash the water everywhere. Put their faces under the water and laugh when they come back up with bubbles all over their face. They are constantly unplugging the drain, and filling their toys with water and dumping them over the side of the tub. Because of this I'm seizing the opportunity while it's lasts to just throw them in the shower with either DH or myself. They get maybe one bath a week, and it's the highlight of their day!

I'm pumped for 'Race for the Cure' on Sunday. Hopefully I'll be able to keep up with Dr. G, I'll ask her to go easy on me. Hubby and the boys are coming to cheer us on (and enjoy the BBQ). Rainy Sunday evening, I'll definitely have to bring my albuterol with me for that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment