Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Slow & Steady wins the race

Miles - 4
Time - 46m 0s
Avg Page - 11.5 min/mile

Much better run than yesterday, much more energy. I think I just have to keep my pace slow. I started at 5.2 increased to 5.4 for a while and then back down to 5.2. So although slow and steady won't win the race in my case, it will get me to the finish line, and that's all I'm going for.

So I've joined with 3 other women who want to start running. Our first group run is going to be this Saturday. I'm going just to meet them and do a slow 2 mile run since I have the 4m Race for the Cure on Sunday. I love that I have people to run with now, but the only problem is that I'm at a much more demanding scheudle than they are. Most of the women are casually running 3 miles at the most. Next Saturday I have to run 7! I can start out running with them but would have to finish on my own and depending on where we're running I don't know if I'd be comfortable running alone. This Saturday we are going to the track at the middle school. I'm just going to take it one week at a time and see how it goes.

The weather in NY is horrible these past few days, horribly humid and scattered storms all day. I took L & J to 'My Gym' to burn off some excess energy this afternoon. They had such a blast, running all over the place at lightning speed! J is born climber. He was up and down the slide, climbing on the 'big kid' apparatus, jumping on the trampoline, giving me a run for my money. I'm going to sign them up for classes there in the Fall & Winter. The place is sooo much fun and it would be great to have them get out of the house in the colder months to someplace I can bring them by myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment