Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Three miles, no problem

Miles - 3 (treadmill)
Time - 35m 23s
Avg Pace - 11.6 min/mile

I'm getting used to the three mile runs. I don't feel out of breath and achy during or afterwards anymore. I think next week I'm going to attempt to increase my running pace to 5.4 for my short runs. I still have doubts about 26.2 every time I think about exactly how far that distance is but I'm pushing those thoughts to the back of my mind and just keep pushing myself. I haven't not met my daily goal yet, even if I have to walk for a few miles I've promised myself to meet my daily goals. I have so much to inspire me to keep going. Pushing through a 1/2hr run by far beats 2 weeks of having a PICC in my arm. Dr. B gave me an albuterol inhaler to use before I run especially since it's been so humid in the northeast this past month. I've had to run at the gym on the treadmill for most of my training so far because of the humidity here. I'm really hoping that at least for my long weekend runs I can take them outdoors soon even if it's at 7am.

I finally set up my First Giving donation site. (Check out my widget to the right.) I still have to send out some letters via snail mail to some family members. Put that on my weekend "to do list", as if it's not long enough.

This evening was the first meeting for the runners on Team Boomer. I dialed in since I couldn't make it to the city to be there in person. It was very encouraging hearing everyone's personal stories about why they are running and why they choose Team Boomer. There was one other person who actually had CF and this is going to be his second marathon. He gave me hope that this is an obtainable goal, I don't know if I'll be doing another marathon but who knows, let's see how this one goes first!

No comments:

Post a Comment