Monday, July 12, 2010

Let's get this started...

My first post... where to begin. Well I'm 29 years old and was diagnosid with Cystic Fibrosis when I was 9 months old. I'll try to sum everything up quickly.

For my fellow CFers who may be interested my mutations are DF508 & C3272-26A>G. I am pancriatic sufficient, however didn't know this until I hit middle school. I had been on enzymes up until that point. To this day (knock on wood) I have never been hospitalized for CF. It wasn't until I hit college that I went on home IV antibiotics for the first time. I have been on them 8 times in the past 10 years. I've had one sinus surgery and it has helped tremendously. .

I married the most wonderful, supportive man in 2004 and we have 19 month old twin boys (L & J) who are my world. There will be plenty of posts about them I'm sure, as they are the center of my world & take up 99% of my time right now!

I'm currently training for the 2010 NYC Marathon. How that happened in a later post. For now that is what this blog will most likely be about - getting these CF lungs to that finish line and the journey it takes to get to the starting line.

I invite you to follow along with me..

1 comment: